Monday 11 April 2016

13-year-old boy narrates how he got initiated into cultism

A 13-year-old boy, Opeyemi Johnson has disclosed how he was initiated into cultism and robbery by a person he respected and looked up to as a big brother.

The boy, identified as Johnson is a junior secondary school student of a private school in Sango, Ogun State in a confession statement said that he is a member of a dreaded cult group known as "Awawa boys."

According to the boy, "I was initiated into the group about a year ago. It was one brother whom I only know as Ola that introduced and forced me to join the group. Initially, I did not know it would come out like this. Immediately I saw their ways of life, I wanted to quit but they threatened to kill me if I ever left the group. "

Surrounding his initiation day, Newtelegraphonline reports that Johnson said "it was on a Sunday evening at Abattoir Agege. Ola took me to kneel down in a room where I met six other members of the group who were already waiting for my arrival. The cult leader, Ijaomodei blind folded me with a black piece of cloth and all the six members descended on me and gave me thorough beating.

"After that, they gave me alligator pepper to chew and alcoholic drink. One of them stood up, drew a tattoo on my forehead and below my eyes as a sign of being a bonafide member of the group. Since then, I have been going out with them for operations. I stopped going home and started sleeping in a shanty at Abattoir."

Johnson was arrested alongside members of his cult after they attacked and robbed passers-by of bags, phones and other valuables.

Johnson was arrested by policemen alongside 20 members of the cult group on a Sunday morning while returning from a street carnival somewhere around Agbado crossing, when they suddenly went on the rampage and started robbing passers-by of their valuables.

No comments: